Dynamic Walking 2022
Monday June 13 – Thursday June 16, 2022
We are happy to host Dynamic Walking 2022 in beautiful Madison, WI! This conference brings together researchers that study the fundamental principles that underlie legged locomotion—be it by directly observing human or animal walking and running, or by designing exoskeletons, legged robots or prosthetics. The Dynamic Walking conference puts less emphasis on navigation, vision and kinematic motion planning and instead focuses on central topics such as:
- dynamic modeling
- empirical data with a conceptual tie in
- stability and control
- predictive principles and models
- robot successes and failures
Attendance is limited to approximately 200 people to maximize quality, exchange of ideas, and potential for future collaborations. Participation by graduate students is highly encouraged.
The organizing committee for the 2022 Dynamic Walking Conference requests abstracts for participation. There will be a variety of talks and poster presentations, and we also encourage robot, exoskeleton, and prosthetic demonstrations. Presenters should submit an abstract and indicate the preferred format of presentation.
Monona Terrace, a Frank Lloyd Wright-designed conference center on the shore of Lake Monona, in the heart of downtown Madison.
See the Registration page
Important Dates (subject to change)
Abstract submission: April 8th – May 6th, 2022
Notification of acceptance: April 15 – May 13th, 2022
Registration (estimated): April 26th – May 13th, 2022 — Finalize by May 24, 2022
Abstract submission process
Visit our abstract submission page for more information.
Submissions due: May 6th, 2022
Notification of acceptance: April 15 – May 13th, 2022 — Now complete – contact organizers for any late-breaking submission requests
Cost and Logistics
See Registration page.
Arriving to Madison, WI:
- Dane County Regional Airport (MSN)
- Uber, Lyft, Bus or Shuttle to Dorm (To Be Determined)
Arriving to Milwaukee, WI:
- Milwaukee Mitchell International Airport (MKE)
- Take Badger Bus to Madison (~1.5 hr, ~$30)
- Start at Milwaukee “Mitchell Airport” stop
- End at “Madison – UW Campus stop – N. Lake St.” (250 N. Lake St.) and walk 1-2 blocks to Smith Residence Hall.
- map of stops
Arriving to Chicago, IL:
- O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Take Coach USA Van Galder bus to Madison (~3.5 hr, ~$31)
- Start at “O’Hare International Airport” — multiple locations for domestic vs. international flights.
- End at “250 N. Lake St. – Madison UW Campus – Madison, WI” and walk 1-2 blocks to Smith Residence Hall.
Peter Adamczyk, University of Wisconsin-Madison
See About Us – Dynamic Walking 2022 for the full organizing committee.